Car Accident Rehabilitation Services - Spine & Extremity Rehab Center, Inc.
A car accident may be over in a split second, but the process of recovering from can take quite a bit longer -- especially if you failed to rehabilitate an old injury or you're delaying the care you need to treat a current injury. The good news is that the help you need doesn't necessarily require surgery or drugs. Here at Spine & Extremity Rehab Center, Inc., our chiropractor can prescribe a holistic program of advanced yet not-invasive healing methods to help you feel like yourself again.
We give our clients recommendations for highly reputable lawyers who make sure they put the client first. If you want a full service law firm that helps you reclaim lost wages and helps you every step of the way, we recommend a law firm that will be on the case! If you are suffering from a personal injury that needs immediate attention, don’t hesitate to give us a call. Read on to learn more about car accident rehabilitation services.
The Devastating Effects of a Car Accident
You can't underestimate the power of a car accident to damage your musculoskeletal or neuromuscular system, even if were only moving at a crawl when the accident occurred. Massive vehicles can transfer massive forces to their occupants if they screech to a halt from at almost any speed. As a result, you may be suffering from:
- Whiplash - Cervical spinal dislocation, soft tissue damage, and herniated discs caused by your head whipping back and forth
- Thoracic damage - Dislocated ribs, dislodged spinal joints, and torn muscles in your mid-back caused by sudden twisting forces
- Lower back injuries - Strained soft tissues, joint subluxation, and herniated discs that pinch on your sciatic nerve tissue (causing leg symptoms)
- Shoulder damage - Dislocation of the shoulder joint or torn rotator cuff tissues
It may be tempting to wait and see if your injuries will resolve themselves, especially if you don't experience those symptoms immediately. But an incorrectly or incompletely treated auto accident injury can develop chronic pain and stiffness due to internal scarring.
Chiropractic Care and Other Rehabilitation Strategies
The first thing you should do about your injury is seek immediate evaluation so our chiropractor can create a personalized auto accident rehabilitation plan for you. State-of-the-art imaging and a careful physical examination give us the information we need to provide the right set of rehabilitation strategies, which may include:
- Chiropractic adjustment to bring dislocated or dislodged joints back into their correct positions
- Massage therapy to relieve muscle pain and speed healing in injured connective tissues
- Spinal decompression therapy to shift vertebral discs away from major nerves and nerve roots
- Rehabilitative exercises to help you regain your range of motion, balance and stability
- Physiotherapy techniques to help break up old scar tissue or help a recent injury heal faster
Call Our Fort Pierce and Port Saint Lucie Chiropractor
If an auto accident injury has thrown your life off-track, Spine & Extremity Rehab Center, Inc. can help. Call our Fort Pierce and Port Saint Lucie Chiropractor today!